Guidance on Health and Safety
1. Working Practices
• You must not operate any item of equipment unless trained, and authorised to do so.
• You must not remove any guarding from equipment used or deviate from your authorised usage of the equipment
• You must report immediately any equipment defect, and never attempt repair.
• You must undertake all duties as instructed and never deviate.
2. Hazard/Warning Signs and Notices
• You must comply with all hazard/warning signs and notices displayed on the premises.
3. Working Conditions/Environment
• You must make proper use of all equipment and facilities provided to control working conditions/environment.
• You must ensure you keep your work areas clear/tidy.
• You must dispose of waste/scrap in the appropriate receptacles.
4. Protective Clothing and Equipment
• You must wear protective equipment where required.
• You must never obstruct any fire escape route, fire equipment or doors.
• You must see the first-aider for any injury you may receive and ensure details are entered into the accident book.
• You must report any incident in which damage is caused to property.
• You must report any medical condition that could affect the safety of yourself or others.
• You must not become involved with horseplay, or practical jokes.
• You must follow all rules pertaining to no smoking areas.
I understand my responsibilities with regards to Health and Safety at work, and confirm I have read, have understood and will adhere to the Health and Safety guidance detailed above.